Monday, April 24, 2006

Cynthia McKinney Beat Me Up

An LB update...

I recently got invited to the IFP (Independent Features Project, formerly IFFM) in NY in September to present my screenplay and footage from Local Bruisers as a "work in progress." Getting an invitation basically meant getting my registration and presentation space fee waived due to my films' current non-profit status...which will change if the film gets any completion and/or distribution contracts with a studio.

New Horizons will probably have about 6 different productions that they're looking to get joint financing on....I'm not quite sure at this time what Ken is planning to present in regards to LB. What he and I have recently been discussing is the possibility of redoing the entire film with fresh financing and a more complete production effort.

This includes:
A much larger budget.
Larger production services and ability to screen dailies.
Paid DP and production crew.
2-3 month shooting schedule.
Complete recasting (SAG/AFTRA), with all current LB actors given preferential auditions.

Ken seems to think that very few investors would be interested in handing out finishing funds on LB in its current state, unless they retained full ownership of the film after post. Of course, that is out of the question. I also realize that the bigger the budget, the less control I have of the product.

At any rate, I guess we'll still wait and see what happens....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we need to start selling Zippy's Chili to get you to NY?

- Allyn

11:41 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I was thinking of starting the "LB Moke Patrol," a bunch of surly mokes with sacks full of coconuts wearing t-shirts that have "PRODUCER" on them.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often get this weird impression that you enjoy portraying me as some pseudo-Don King-type character. Without the awesome hair.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I was thinking more Dr. Faustus, actually, Marlowe version. Daha.

Actually...that would make me Faustus, and you would be, well....

Never mind.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that Allyn said...

This explains the excess and perversions...?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

I see you've read my "penis removal" entry from a couple weeks ago.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! So how long until you're snorting coke off naked supermodel's asses?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home